21st International Service-Learning Conference
The 21st International Service-Learning Conference will be held on 23 and 24 August 2018 at the Faculty of Economics of the University of Buenos Aires in the City of Buenos Aires.Our Conference has become the most important annual meeting in Latin America where students, teachers, researchers, officials and leaders of social organizations from all over Latin America and other parts of the world can meet and exchange experiences and knowledge, listen to leading international specialists and build networks for common work, for experts and institutions that promote Service-Learning as a pedagogical proposal.
Its objectives are:
- To offer a space for training and updating in the pedagogy of service-learning for teachers, directors and students of all educational levels, as well as for members and leaders of community organizations and civil society.
- To promote the exchange of ideas and experiences among schools, and universities in Argentina, Latin America and other regions of the world that develop educational solidarity projects.
- Expand the spaces for exchange between civil society organizations and the formal education system to benefit educational equity and quality.
As in previous years, it will bring together national and international education specialists and will allow them to reflect in panels, workshops and plenary sessions on the pedagogy of service-learning in schools, universities and civil society organizations and its evolution in the last twenty-one years.
Participation is free of charge, with prior registration.
Call for papers for the 21st International Service-Learning Conference
The call for papers for the 21st International Service-Learning Conference will be open until 28 May 2018.
The proposed thematic areas include the following:
1. Service-learning in contexts of social vulnerability.
2. Service learning and environmental care.
3. Service-learning, science and technology.
4. Service-learning in the field of Social Sciences and education for active citizenship.
5. Research in the context of service-learning projects.
6. Service-learning at Kindergarten and primary school levels.
7. Institutionalization of service-learning in secondary schools.
8. Service-learning and teacher training.
More information by downloading the guidelines here: http://www.clayss.org.ar/archivo_descargas/c4papers21.pdf